Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Bang!

Justin and I have been enjoying a new game. I saw it on another mom's blog. I told Justin about it and he got really excited about it, but then I had second thoughts about Justin being ready for it. But he wouldn't forget about the game and almost daily asked me if it was time to make it yet. So we made it, played it, and he loves it!

It's an extremely simple game. I took a bunch of "sight" words (words that are hard to sound out and also very common in our everyday language) and wrote them on little cards. We take turns pulling them out of the jar. If you can read the word, you get to keep the card. But watch out, because if you pull out a "Bang!" card all your cards have to go back in the jar! The one who has the most cards at the end of the game wins.

I am continually surprised at how much joy Justin has for learning. I am not planning on homeschooling, but he has so much fun learning to read and write I keep finding new activities for us to do together.



No comments:

Post a Comment