I bookmarked a recipe for "slime" back around Halloween. I didn't get around to making it with Justin until today. It was a perfect project for a Monday (no preschool day). To my surprise, this kept Justin happily occupied for over 2 hours! Not much can claim his attention for that long (except maybe his cousins!). Usually when a Mom writes about an activity that kept her kids occupied for "hours" I figure it will occupy Justin for around 15 minutes.
After he got over the fun of the texture, he seamlessly flowed into making pancakes (first strawberry, then worm and snail pancakes), oysters, chicken, cookies, jello, cupcakes, and a bird feeder. Then he became a chef at a restaurant and I came several times to enjoy the various offerings.
 |
| Here is his "mixer" as he's making cookie batter. |
 |
| Strawberry pancakes |
 |
| Bird feeder |
 |
| Decorative cookies |
 |
| The trail of cookbooks he used for his restaurants looking for "just the right recipe" | | | | | | | | |
|
For my future reference (and for anyone else who wants to try it) here is the recipe:
1. Mix: 3/4 cup hot water, 1 cup white glue, and 3 drops food coloring.
2. Mix in separate bowl: 4 teaspoons borax and 1 1/3 hot water
Add contents of first bowl to second bowl
without stirring. Let sit for one minute.
No comments:
Post a Comment