Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Signs of the Season

It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas around our household. Here are a few Christmas-y peeks!

Justin requested a gingerbread house, so I dusted off my molds and we baked and assembled one

Justin being silly, excited about our house

Amazingly, the house is still intact after 2 days. He wanted to eat it immediately, even before the icing was dry!

Making our annual gingerbread cookies

All decorated, using the new Justin-friendly food coloring I found

Our tree this year, all decked out in brand new, vintage-looking lights

Today, our project was meringue bites. We ran into a few issues, and the verdict is still out as to whether or not these will succeed. It may be too humid out today.

All of Justin's jeans are hand-me-downs, and we are grateful for them. However, they came to us with almost-holes in the knees. One wearing each was enough to break through and make for-real holes. I decided to jazz them up using an idea I've seen multiple places online, and even in person on an adult's jeans! I think they turned out really cute. Hopefully they'll hold up.
Justin's new-to-him monster jeans
Thanksgiving is long gone, but we spent it up in Sunriver, Oregon with Dave's parents, aunt and uncle, and his cousin's family including two of her husband's brothers and their families. It was quite a crowd! But we all had a blast, and Justin LOVED playing with his second(?) cousins. This was literally the only shot I was able to get all week of them sitting still. Drew came for a sleepover at our rental house, and Justin introduced Drew to vintage 1980s Transformer cartoons. Other activities included sledding, wrestling, gingerbread house decorating, biking, and lots and lots of playing.

Drew and Justin watching the original Transformers cartoons

No comments:

Post a Comment