Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

Justin added naturally colored red sugar to our heart cookies
Yesterday at school, Justin's K-2 class had a little Valentine's party. We made pink frosted heart cookies to share. I love that he still gets the "class" experience by meeting with this group once a week and by going to his other workshops (science, pottery, and p.e. this semester). They did a cute little valentine craft, exchanged valentines, and ate yummy valentine snacks (most of which were Justin friendly!).

This morning for the actual Day, I made heart pancakes with raspberry syrup. We all exchange homemade valentine cards. Justin and I have cherry-juice gelatin-jigglers chilling in the refrigerator waiting to cut into heart shapes (a remnant of my childhood). And leftover heart cookies!

We were finishing up the "jello" and Justin grabbed a leftover pancake. He holds it up and says, "Mommy, I pancake you!" (get it, because the pancake is in a shape of a heart? instead of  I "heart" you?) I love it when his sense of humor bursts through :)

Justin: "Mommy, I pancake you!"

Justin-friendly heart cookies with pink frosting and red sugar (all naturally colored)
Heart pancakes with raspberry syrup


We are also remembering on this Day of Love that we love because He first loved us.

 Happy Valentine's Day to all of our loved ones near and far!

No comments:

Post a Comment