Sunday, October 5, 2014

New Accomplishments of which Justin is quite proud

Mastering the tri-pod in preparation for a headstand

His longest record for holding a headstand so far is 5 seconds. He practices daily and hopes to improve his record!

Drawing the bones he found in a sterilized owl pellet
Justin loves nature, science, animals, and everything related. He enthusiastically showed me a kit he found in the library that was on owls. It included a sterilized owl pellet. Owl pellets are (thankfully ) NOT poop, but vomit (I know, not much improvement. I take what I can get). Owls swallow their prey whole but have a part of their body that separates and ejects what it can't digest (bones and fur) in a tidy little "pellet." Justin had so much fun taking this pellet apart. I was a bit squeamish at first but have to admit when he found the skull to a rodent I was intrigued and took more of an active part. He ended up finding almost a complete skeleton. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment