Justin blasted into his final year of single digits as his usual exuberant self! He was awake at 6:30 and was kind enough to get his baby sister up with him (ha!). He had already eaten breakfast and completed his morning chore of unloading the dishwasher before Dave and I stumbled out of bed at 7:00. There was just enough time to open gifts before he started his very first day of his very first ever Vacation Bible School.
 |
| More additions to his Snap Circuits set! |
 |
| Justin's fascinated, Koty's sulking, and Abby loves the box! |
 |
| He wasted no time in starting to wire up his remote control rover (you can see the robot's "head" in the background...it lights up and shoots discs out of it's "mouth"! |
 |
| Justin has wanted wind chimes for years and when I saw these in a store recently I knew his birthday would be the perfect opportunity to give them to him. I was right...he loves them! |
After VBS (which he loved) we brought home one of his best friends, Charlotte. They had a blast on the homemade-by-Dave slip-n-slide in our backyard.
 |
| I love that exuberant joy on his face! |
 |
| Justin and Charlotte chillin' in the pool at the end |
Then we snuck in a trip to the pool where we barbecued hot dogs and ate watermelon and BBQ chips (3 of his favorite foods!). Then, CAKE time!
 |
| Happy 9th Birthday, Justin! |
After all that, they also tie-dyed T-shirts but I was at bookclub (I told Dave to take pictures but keep forgetting to ask him if he remembered).
Another awesome birthday celebrating another trip around the sun for Justin. He is growing into a passionate, independent, curious, and exuberant young man. We love him!
Sounds like an awesome 9th Birthday for our awesome 9 year old grandson! We concur with the specified character traits!
ReplyDeleteWe love you Justin and can hardly wait until we can celebrate with you in person! Love, Nana and Papa
Thanks so much for sharing his birthday fun. Charlotte has grown into a lovely young lady.
ReplyDelete