Monday, December 8, 2008

The Price of Peace

Last evening, after a long week, a long weekend, and a long Sunday (it's been filled with Dave and Justin coughing, sniffling, not sleeping, busy Christmas activities, etc.) Dave and I were done. Justin of course was still going strong at 9:00 pm so Dave told him, "Justin, Mommy and Daddy are going to watch a movie. You need to play by yourself and give us some peace." We started the movie and I began the silent mantra in my head "please be content please be content please be content."

Well eventually the mantra faded away and 30 minutes later I realize that Justin has been quiet. Uh oh. I try in vain to remain in ignorance a few more minutes. When I can't take it any longer I look to see what he's up to.



Well, apparently he needed to blow his nose. It was worth every penny (ies) those tissues cost for the 30 minutes of interruption free movie!

2 comments:

  1. That is great! We have dealing with sickness at our house all weekend too and I can relate to that feeling of just being "done." Fortunately, our evening ended a little less exciting than yours with everyone asleep or in bed by 9:15. Hope you're all feeling better soon and get some much needed rest!

    ReplyDelete