Monday, December 7, 2009

Winter Wonderland

This morning began the usual way. At 5:00 am Justin crawled into our bed. Dave and I took turns mumbling, "The sun's still sleeping, Justin. Go back to sleep." This went on for the next hour and a half. Finally, Justin stood up and looked out the window above our bed. "Look, Mommy, it snowed!" "That's nice, Justin." I replied with my eyes still closed. But he kept going on, "It snowed, Mommy! It's snowing. Look! Snow!" I remembered there was a buzz around town last night that there was a possibility of snow in the valley. I finally got up and looked out the window and was completely stunned at the winter wonderland that was in front of my eyes. It actually snowed in Valley Springs! Real, thick, fluffy, covering-all-the-ground-and-trees snow!

We all got up, got warm clothes on and headed outside. The first thing Justin did, after making footprints in the snow, was scoop up some snow into a ball and throw it at Dave. Where did he learn that?!










2 comments:

  1. Now we're getting here in Minnesota!! Blizzard warning just south of the Twin Cities, Winter Storm Warning here until tomorrow night...finally, a real winter!

    I like the video of Koty in the background...I mean Dave blasting his son with a huge snow ball...I mean cute Justin tossing a snow ball at daddy...so much going on...so fun to watch! Thanks for the entertainment.

    ReplyDelete