Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Fishing

I'll try to get pictures up later. We had to replace our computer a few weeks ago and I still don't have the right software loaded to resize/edit photos but it's really about time I get on that!

Yesterday we wanted to get out of town (even though we had just returned from LA the evening before...hopefully more on that later). We decided to pack up and head to a mountain lake for some fishing (for Dave and Justin) and reading (for me). It was going well until we realized the first lake was a little farther away than we thought, and as we got into higher elevations the sky clouded over, the temperatures dropped, and we started driving by snow on the side of the road.

Well, we made it to the lake, but it was quite busy and there was a huge forklift working putting in a dock (which added to the excitement for Justin) so it was noisy. The wind picked up and I couldn't stay warm any longer so I headed back to the Scout to read in some warmth. Then it started to rain and Dave quickly packed up and we headed home.

It wasn't the best fishing trip ever, but it was fun and it got us out of the house for the day, which is always nice! I hope you all had a great Memorial Day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment