Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

We made cupcakes today in honor of St. Patrick's Day. I decided to go all out and have corned beef and cabbage for dinner (although I'm sure it won't be as tasty as Mom S.'s!) along with an Irish mashed potato dish called colcannon and Justin-friendly Irish Soda Bread. My parents are visiting this week, so it's fun to have 2 extra people to appreciate the festive food :)



PS My intention was to have green frosting for the cupcakes. Justin had his own idea of using the colored sugars (any excuse to use extra sugar, of course!). I thought that would still work with the St. Patrick's Day theme because we could make rainbows. Justin refused to do any sort of rainbow and just sprinkled (read: poured, doused, deluged) the cupcakes with whichever color he wanted. Oh, well. If I'd wanted perfect St. Patrick's Day Green or Rainbow Cupcakes I would have just done it myself. What's the fun in that?!

Anybody else doing anything festive for St. Patrick's Day?

1 comment:

  1. I fixed corned beef, but forgot the cabbage. I haven't found any I rish in my family yet.

    ReplyDelete