Thursday, September 27, 2012

Another week, another lesson learned



Planting carrot seeds so we can see the roots as they grow.

Practicing his reading

Classifying apple varieties

Cutting apples for the taste test

Apple paint-stamping

Re-enaction of the city and battle of Jericho

A fun-filled day at the apple orchard


One memory of note this week: I peeked my head out the back door to give Justin a "we're leaving in 10 minutes" warning. Justin's friend, Tiernan, jumped around when he heard me and promptly spread his arms and legs out wide in the universal "there's nothing to see here, folks" position. I looked around but saw nothing unusual. When I went back 10 minutes later, I discovered the boys had managed to open and guzzle eight cans of soda that had been sitting outside in 100 degree heat for the past 3 months. Justin looked at me with a twinkle in his eyes and said, "Mmmmmm, root beer!"

I didn't know whether to laugh or scold. The damage was done. Another lesson learned for the mommies!

No comments:

Post a Comment