Pirate Resurgence
Justin has gotten back into pirates in a big way. He has rewatched all of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, and has the theme song looping repeatedly on his stereo. He's polishing up his sword and rope-swinging skills and has informed Dave and me that he is going to be a pirate when he grows up. We're still researching the necessary schooling he'll need.
Tonight he had "an idea in his head" that he wanted to make. It involved food, so I was a little hesitant. But when it was done and he told me what it was, I conceded it was sheer brilliance (for a 6-year old pirate-in-training anyway)!
So, without further ado, I give you:
Captain Jack Sparrow Sitting Under an Umbrella
on a Deserted Island
The
cookie is the umbrella, he has baby carrot legs, and a partial baby
carrot for his head. The body consists of a chunk of raw brown sugar we
recently discovered at an Indian grocery store. The little puffs are the
sand. (the carrot-toothpick contraption is simply to hold the umbrella
up)
No comments:
Post a Comment