Just before dinner the other night I noticed some movement out our front window. I looked and could hardly believe my eyes when I saw these guys:
I'd known we had deer in the area, and I'd suspected they'd been eating my roses out front occasionally, but I never dreamed they did it in broad daylight! It was fascinating to watch. They literally stripped all of the petals off the flowers and chowed them down. One guy even had some baby antlers. They were oblivious to our presence until Koty barked. Then they looked right at us and, instantly startled, darted away.
Today was an unseasonably cloudy, cool, and even RAINY day! Unheard of for June in these parts. But it was a perfect day for me and Justin to harvest my garlic. Quite a haul!
Here are a couple more shots of plants thriving on our patio in this unseasonably cool June:
![]() |
| Gardenias |
![]() |
| Mint, Justin's aloe vera plant, and some purple flowers I've never known the name of |






No comments:
Post a Comment