I went to the store today and left Justin and Dave working/playing outside. When I came home, I saw Dave out on the patio pressure washing. "Where's Justin?" I asked. "Oh, he's right over there," Dave replied, pointing around the corner. As he looked over at Justin he added, "Justin, did you find something to eat?" I sped up my leisurely stroll to look around the corner and see for myself. I saw 2 items almost simultaneously that disconcerted me: his lips were black and he was holding something black in his hand that had waving legs.
"Dave! Why are Justin's lips black?...and he's holding something
alive!"
Well, Justin made friends with a beetle (who now has a tooth-shaped dent in his back) and was really excited about it. I swallowed my nausea (have I mentioned that I don't prefer bugs?) and reluctantly went to get the camera. I really do want Justin to love nature. I don't want my under-enthusiasm for creepy-crawlies to rub off on him. So I pretended to be excited along with Dave's genuine enthusiasm as Justin showed off his new friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment