Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

The Valentine Fairy arrived this morning in a flurry of red and an abundance of chocolate! Justin really got into the Valentine spirit this year (helped a little by experiencing the Valentine aisle at CVS). He flipped back and forth between being excited to choose a special box of chocolates with which to surprise Dave and feeling wistful, knowing that all those prettily packaged heart-shaped goodies were all filled with candy that would make him sick.

Having witnessed his wistfulness, I sneakily ordered an allergy-friendly chocolate heart filled with chocolate truffles! It was a hit. There are currently no truffles left, but I don't believe he has dug into the heart shell yet.

Dave is an expert at finding obscure, gourmet chocolate for my Valentine's treats. This year was no exception. He found an Italian company and ordered a chocolate sampler for me. Yum! I will not be sharing :) Just kidding, I'll share with Dave.

Justin and I each picked out a heart-shaped box of chocolates for Dave, so there is no shortage of chocolate in this house. We could only conclude this morning that love = chocolate! Add a few mushy cards, one mylar balloon, and heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast and our Valentine's Day is off to a great start!

I hope your Valentine's Day is as filled with love and chocolate as ours is.

The Justin-friendly chocolate heart filled with truffles

Justin's Valentine balloon

My fancy Italian chocolates

Dave's Valentine bounty

Our cards to each other, although I forgot to include our Phineas and Pherb card to Justin

Heart-shaped pancakes: a Valentine tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment