Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

This year our family is undertaking "2016 in 2016".

What is that, you ask?

It's simple.

We will get rid of 2016 things from our home in 2016. (Don't worry, none of this year's Christmas presents are up for donation!)

When I first read about this it seemed impossible. How could one household possibly get rid of that many items in one year?! But the family I read about started it in 2013 and liked it so much they did 2014 in 2014. Then they did 2015 in 2015. Wow. I'm not sure we'll go that far, but I figured if they had enough stuff to get rid of 6000+ items over three years we could handle 2016 in one year.

Wanna join us?

I will admit we started in December. Dave already had the chart printed out and it was too tempting not to start marking it as we decluttered in preparation for Christmas decorations.

Here's what we have as of January 1:


Each square is worth 2 items, so as you can see we have quite a start! Sorting through old ornaments, decorations, and wrapping supplies we came up with 78 items alone!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment