Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Keeping a Little One Busy

I'm always on the lookout for good ideas to keep a certain toddler busy while I need to help Justin with school. One idea I've seen many times in many places suggests taping a sheet of Contact paper sticky side out and then letting the toddler stick items of various colors and textures on it to create a type of mural. 

So I set that up today. She stuck on one pom pom (after I stuck several things on to show her the idea) and then she simply sat down and started using the pipe cleaners as drumsticks on the tile floor. 30 seconds later she had ripped the sheet of contact paper off the wall and walked away, clearly finished. 

Sigh. Someday I'd like to actually meet in real life a toddler who really does stay engaged with any of these activities that online moms claim keep their kiddos occupied for hours!! None of those activities ever kept Justin occupied either. Oh well.

Who cares about sticking things on the wall when you can beat a rhythm?!

This sticky mural activity kept her busy for exactly 10.2 seconds.


At least she's good at finding her own toys. After raiding my pots and pans cupboard, she happily slung the tea pot over her shoulder along with a secondary "purse" and toddled off to the laundry room announcing to anyone who would listen, "Bye! Bye!" Silly girl :)

Abby, with her two "purses" ready to go off on an adventure

1 comment:

  1. Well. she's a girl after her Daddy's heart. Dave much preferred pots and pans to toys.

    ReplyDelete