Saturday, January 22, 2011

Promises of Spring

The fog has finally given us a break and we've had 2 sunny days in a row. What a difference the sun makes! It hit the low 60's today and it really feels like spring. I have to keep reminding myself it's January; it feels much more like April to me.

Dave took the chance to start the next step in our garden project, which is installing the watering system (why does it seem like every time we put in a nice garden, we move?). Justin's outside playing barefoot (I think he must have some Minnesotan in his blood!) and I'm sorting through my new seeds that came in the mail this week. I have to admit, it's been a little bit difficult finding the motivation to completely plan out a garden that doesn't exist yet!


The future garden (2 beds in place but not filled)

Dave installing the watering system (and some of
our beautiful lemons still on the tree).


Justin happily playing barefoot in the greatly-diminished
mulch pile (remember how big it used to be?)


A few months ago, we received an offer of 10 free
trees/shrubs. This is their current state. I'm
looking at this as an exercise in faith! Grow,
little trees, grow!

Happy soon-to-be Spring everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment