Friday, October 7, 2011

Fun on Friday: fishing and felting

A neighbor took Dave fly fishing at the river this morning. He didn't catch anything but had a lot of fun.

I've been inspired by some ideas I saw online (where else do I find inspiration?!) and making some fun things out of felt. One project will be wrapped up for somebody's Christmas present (not telling whose, you'll have to wait and see!) but one project I am working on for Justin. Whenever he bakes with me I explain what 1/4 or 1/2, etc. of a cup or teaspoon means. It's starting to make sense to him, but when I saw this idea on this blog, I thought it would be a great visual tool. And they can always be added to the play kitchen to act as pies, cookies, or pizzas!
Felt fractions

In other news, we are finally making headway on our patio extension/improved drainage project. A friend stopped by today and helped Dave lay out the forms in preparation of pouring a cement footing (and congratulations if you actually understand what that means: I'm impressed!). Tomorrow is cement pouring day (theoretically)!
Justin, Kurt, and Dave setting up forms


No comments:

Post a Comment