Our church's regional conference retreat was held in Pismo Beach this year. Justin and I suffered along with Dave (ha!). We luxuriated in 2 nights at a beach front hotel with 80 degree sunny weather (apparently it was the warmest day on record for Pismo yesterday). We all had a lot of fun. Without further ado, here are the photo's:
 |
| The first evening we went right down to the beach. Justin had fun writing his name in the sand. |
 |
| Justin and Dave playing in the sand |
 |
| Finding shells |
 |
| I still remember when Justin screamed at the sight of waves. |
 |
| Justin in his Superman pose (our hotel is on the cliff in the background) |
 |
| Dave had a breakfast meeting the first morning, so Justin and I headed down to the beach. | It was by far the nicest day at the beach we've had since moving here. |
 |
| When we got hungry, Dave joined us for lunch at Mo's, a local BBQ place. |
 |
| Justin dragged this kelp along the whole length of beach on the way to the Pismo Pier. |
 |
| Justin and I saw dolphins playing in the water. |
 |
| Do you see the dolphin in the wave? |
 |
| Dolphin, not shark! |
 |
| I was trying to read his mind in this shot: so much to do, where to begin? |
 |
| The view from the hot tub |
 |
| View from our balcony |
 |
| We went to a local pumpkin patch on the way home. |
 |
| More squashes from the pumpkin patch |
 |
| We went through the maze, an experience I chose not to repeat (although Dave and Justin did). It was so tight I had to turn sideways to walk through! |
 |
| Justin willingly and happily petted a sheep |
 |
| He again willingly and happily posed among the pumpkins! |
 |
| He picked out 2 pumpkins to bring home and carve. Maybe we'll get to that tomorrow. |
The trip home was long. It was an almost 6 hour drive, and Justin was quiet for about 10 minutes of it. But at least he was happy and self-entertained with books, his Leap Pad, and making up stories to himself, singing, counting....
No comments:
Post a Comment