We were asked to bring ice cream to a Independence Day party. Dave and I were talking about what kind to bring. Justin chimed in and said he wanted blueberry ice cream. Dave and I looked at each other and said, "Why not?!" So I found a recipe at Epicurious.com and Justin and I made blueberry ice cream for the 4th of July (even though it really turned out purple). It was delicious!
And in case you think it looks so tasty you want to make it yourself:
Blueberry ice cream
2 cups blueberries (we used frozen wild blueberries)
3/4 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups canned coconut milk
Simmer blueberries, sugar, and salt over heat for 5 minutes, stirring. Put in blender with coconut milk and puree. Place in refrigerator until chilled (at least 2 hours). Pour mixture in ice cream maker and make according to your ice cream makers directions.
As I mentioned above, the original recipe was from epicurious.com and contained a mixture of milk and cream. You can see it here.
No comments:
Post a Comment