Fast forward 2 weeks. Unbeknownst to me, Dave really did ask Justin if he had any ideas of what I would like for Mother's Day. Justin promptly said, "Yes!" Dave looked at him in surprise. "You do?" Justin remained confident. "Yes, we need to go to the nursery." Dave said, "Ok" and off they went.
Dave said Justin looked through all the rose bushes until he found just this one. Apparently they had rearranged all of the rose bushes since Justin and I had been there. Dave had no idea Justin and I had seen this rose when we were there earlier. Anyway, Justin found the exact rose bush, and it was waiting for me on the patio when I woke up Sunday morning!
![]() |
| It has beautiful red and white striped petals. And it smells amazing! |
![]() |
| A close up of the petals. Each petal is completely different. |
I guess Dave had been after Justin all week trying to get him to make a card for me. Justin kept putting it off and refusing to do it. Dave finally gave up. Sunday morning, Justin popped out of bed at 6:00 am and went directly into the art room and made me a card. He did it all by himself with no help from Dave (who nicely let me sleep a bit longer!). I felt very blessed on Mother's Day by my wonderful husband and wonderful son. Thank you, God!
Here's the front of the card Dave gave me. It still makes me laugh every time I read it (but it would be even better if the Mom in the picture had a martini in her hand!).
![]() |
| There've been many moments in my motherhood when I could relate to the sentiment behind these words! |




No comments:
Post a Comment