Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday School and Flowers

I chuckled a bit when I saw the Sunday School paper Justin brought home today. It's a picture of a backyard with family  members planting and taking care of various plants. The kids were supposed to circle which things help a plant grow. Justin seems to have circled a couple extra items that are probably not "correct". But I see his logic and tend to agree with him lol!
The whole picture. He circled the sun, water, fertilizer, and...

...the butterfly...
 He knows butterflies help pollinate plants when they go from flower to flower so of course they help a plant to grow!


...and the shovel!

How else could a plant get planted in the ground without a shovel? And of course a plant needs to be in the ground to grow, therefore it is completely logical that a shovel helps a plant to grow! :)

In other news, when Dave was gone this week, Justin and I had a fun buying spree at the local nursery and planted part of our front walk with flowers. We had so much fun!

Our new flower "garden" walkway
And I had to take a picture of this miniature rose bush. Justin insisted on buying this last spring when we were at Lowe's buying two replacement bushes for our driveway planting. This is one battle we decided not to fight, and boy am I glad we didn't! I have never seen such a happy rose bush. It's planted in the front of our house in whatever soil was there when we bought the house. I don't think we even added any fertilizer to it. Justin must have a magical green thumb touch because this bush has more than double in size in the past year and is always covered in gorgeous, miniature rose blooms! Way to go, Justin!



No comments:

Post a Comment